Writing 2 has easily been one of my favorite classes here at UCSB. I have genuinely liked this class as much as I ever thought I could enjoy a writing class. The aspects that I most enjoyed about this class have been the positive atmosphere, the freedom of topics and the way that everything that we did in this class will help us in the future.
In order to open up about my writing, I must be in a comfortable environment. To me, revealing my writing to others is a usually hard to do, but as the class progressed I became much more comfortable doing so. My comfort level rose mainly because of the positive and friendly nature felt by the Professor and the other students. The nature of the class in general helped make the 2 hour class much more fun to attend and ultimately made it a much more productive class.
Throughout my educational years, I have never had this much freedom to choose topics that I wanted to write about. Writing about specific ideas is sometimes necessary for certain classes, but writing about topics that I had a strong feelings towards made it much easier and fun to write about. Not only did the freedom of writing make it more fun, it also showed me that writing does not always have to be feared and dreaded.
The most important aspect of this class was how it was based to help us succeed in the future. Whether it was a simple grammatical activity or creating a podcast, I feel that I can take these newly learned skills and apply them in both my later years at UCSB and the years to follow.
All in all, this class has been a great learning experience that has greatly improved my writing abilities.
No comments:
Post a Comment